Sunday, March 14, 2021

Yuyutsu Sharma Poem, "Annapurnas Revisited" in Kyoto Journal's 'Travel, Revisited' Special Issue

Annapurnas Revisited 

for Sukrity, Rachel and Alison



Lost a T- shirt

near a crystal waterfall

 

a notebook

with names of birds and shamans of the canyons

 

finches, larks and red billed coughs

swifts, lammergeyers, griffins and redstarts

 

my rainbow colored umbrella

with flowers and million butterflies trapped in it

 

one of the lens

of my looking glass in a pond at Hot springs

 

lost excess fat,

double chin, pouch of my belly,

 

drooling flesh of my cheekbones

lost worries of my city struggles

 

in the leech-greasy forests,

oak and maple, conifers and rhododendrons

 

threw a  copy of the bestseller

over the rusty bars of a squeaking wooden ridge

 

for the bearded goats

of the famed valleys to read and rejoice

 

lost fears

of finding right words


perfect dreams,

faultless partners along

 

narrow cliffside tracts

skirting utter horror of highest precipices

 

lost my unease

along with my troubled heart

 

to the glaciers

of Annapurnas…

 

 https://kyotojournal.org/product/kyoto-journal-issue-99-travel-revisited-digital/







No comments:

Post a Comment